Imagine that you are ready to attend an important meeting and for this purpose, you take out your laptop and found a cracked screen. How will you handle this frustrating situation? We know you don’t have enough time to fix this situation, and maybe you think there is no solution. But we would like to tell you that you can fix a cracked laptop screen without replacing it. In this article, we will share some fantastic tips to fix a broken laptop screen.
Another question might come to your mind that how can a laptop screen cracked without any reason. So you need to know that a laptop screen is made of sensitive material and can be cracked if you put extra pressure on it. If you place some heavy books on a laptop, the screen can be cracked. If you keep your laptop in a backpack with access things, the screen n can be cracked. And there are many reasons as well that can because a laptop screen cracked. Let’s get to know about the material which is used in laptop screens.
What material is used to make a Laptop screen
Liquid crystal display (LCD) is used to make laptop screens, and you can find them in different forms like touch panels, backlit screens, and active-matrix displays. LCDs help light crystals to reflect their properties because they don’t release light directly. They work as backlit by light-emitting diodes (LED). Furthermore, laptop screens have a different quality which is the touch interface same as you have in your mobile phones.
As technology is growing day by day, people have been getting much better quality than before. That’s why some brands are introducing such LEDs that can provide fantastic picture quality. But whatever brand or quality LED you to have, in this article you will learn how to fix a cracked laptop screen without replacing it.
What to do When you find your Laptop screen Cracked
For example, you open your laptop and find the laptop screen cracked, so don’t be tense. First of all, try to find out that what has happened to the screen and is it something wrong with just your screen or other things also has been faulty.
To identify it, connect the laptop with another monitor or television via HDMI cable. Some new brands are offering a screen sharing option using Wi-Fi, so whatever option you have, use it and check that the display is working correctly on other monitors or not. If the display is working perfectly then, there is no external damage to the laptop. But if the display is not working perfectly, then there is something wrong with the motherboard, graphic card, or another software issue that can be happened with a laptop.
After analyzing what the issue actually is, you need to take another step which is how to fix a cracked laptop screen without replacing it. So let’s begin.
How to Fix a Laptop screen without replacing it?
If your laptop has minor cracks, you can use some home remedies like adhesive liquid that especially are used to hold panels. There are also some home remedies like sandpaper, plastic bag, and baking soda, but these are temporary solutions and will not stay long.
To fix a laptop screen for a long time, you need to follow an effective way which will last longer, and you can do it at home easily. But if cracks are in severe condition, maybe you need to replace the screen.
Essential tools to fix a Laptop screen
Before starting the work, keep all the essential tools with you that are mentioned below.
- First of all, you need a table to place the laptop and essential tools on it. Make sure that all things should be placed in front of your eyes, whether you are standing or sitting, being focused while working.
- Another thing you need to have is a tiny head screwdriver, but not so small.
- Another essential tool is a sharp object like a needle or pin to scratch the stickers covering the screws on the bezel.
- One more important thing is a plastic putty blade which is used to make separate the screen bezel from the case.
- You need to have a collector like a small bowl to collect all small screws so that you wouldn’t lose them.
Now next step is to fix the laptop cracked screen. Follow these steps to fix the laptop cracked screen.
- Make sure that the laptop is disconnected from the AC supply. Remove the battery and electricity supply as well.
- Take a look at the bezels, and there will be small stickers on each side. And if you couldn’t find them, there will be small protrusions on the screen casing.
- Now take a sharp object or pin and insert it into stickers and pull them out carefully. Place them at any safe place and make a minor marking to remember.
- Now you can see all the screws easily. Take a small screwdriver to remove them smoothly and collect them in any holder or a bowl.
- After removing all the screws, now pull out the cracked screen from the plastic bezel smoothly. Use your finger to do the task.
- When you remove the bezel, now you can see a metal casing encompassing it. Now you have to hold the screen so that you can see the metal casing. When the screen comes out from its shell, the interface of the screen and PC will be noticeable.
- Now you can see the two fundamental links. One of them is a video link, and the other is the power link of the inverter. You have to remove the screen associating wire and the PC.
- After removing the previous screen, take the new screen and place it in the casing. Again repeat the entire method like tightening the screws and connecting the wires correctly.
- Now switch on the laptop and check everything is okay or not. The display is working fine or not. If everything is OK, then congratulations, you have successfully fixed your laptop cracked screen.
You see how easy it is to fix a laptop cracked screen. Now, whenever you find your laptop screen cracked, follow these steps to fix it without replacing it. If the cracks are miners, you can restore them by following some home remedies. But if they cannot be fixed without replacing them, you can easily replace the screen at home by following this article.