Do you want to remove the back of your HP Pavilion laptop? Do you want to do a repair, replace a part, clean out the dust and debris, or want to do an upgrade for the RAM, the hard drive or the screen? If yes, then you are at the right place. Removing the back of the HP Pavilion laptop is relatively simple. Taking apart a laptop is sometimes important in order to keep the machine in running condition.
Some laptops have the little panels at the back underneath like one screw. You just need to take it out. Unfortunately, not all laptops have the luxury of doing that. In this article we will tell you how to remove the back of the HP Pavilion laptop.
What do you Need?
For removing the back of HP Pavilion laptop you will need.
- Screw drivers kit
- Mouse mat
We suggest you use plastic made tools. Don’t use anything made of metal because it will scratch everything. It is extremely useful to have some pliers at hand. They are good if you need to put something out or hold a bit of a cable and a suction cup. Try to place your laptop on something soft like a mouse so that you do not scratch the surface.
With the help of the following steps you will be able remove the back of the HP Pavilion laptop in no time. So let’s dive into it.
- Turn the laptop off
- Unplug the power cord
- Place your laptop on a mouse mat
- Turnover and remove battery.
- Remove the screw to release DVD drive
- Gently slide out the DVD drive
- Remove all the visible screws and hinge covers
- Flip over the laptop and open the screen
- Use a tool to gently uncover the clip, i.e. the top cover from the base
- Start at the front middle and work free each side
- Once the front and sides are unclipped close flip over
- Lift the base from the keyboard and slide back
- Remove the hard disk
- Prise up rubber holders to release the front of the hard drive
- Remove the SATA connector
- Slide the disk forward and up
- Unclip RAM using spring clips at the side
- Remove two screws to release the fan
- Unplug the fan power lead
- Remove the four screws and lift out the heat pipe assembly
- Remove the screw to release the DC power jack
- Use a tool to gently unclip the power jack
- Lift the retaining clip and release the ribbon cable
- Unplug the DC power jack
- Remove the two screws to release the other hinge
- Disconnect the Wi-Fi cables and VGA cables
- Prise up the hinge, and lift the base unit from the screen
- Remove two screws to release the board
- Lift tag to release ribbon cable
- Remove screw of power button board
- For main board disconnect the touchpad cable
- Disconnect HD, DVD, speaker and keyboard cables
- Remove the main board securing screws
- Lift out the main board, alignment clip on the right
- To remove the bezel first remove the two covered screws
- Use your prise tool start at the camera
- Work your way round to prising the bezel from the lid
- Use a blade to carefully separate the tape from the screen
- Be careful so that you do not damage the plastic edge of the screen
- To remove screen from the lid, release the left hinge
- Remove the four-screen screws
- Lift out the hinge
- Disconnect VGA cable, lift plastic retainer and unplug
- Remove the remaining hinge
- Unclip the Wi-Fi cables
- All done